Comprehensive Search Engine
Intranet Search at its Best
A smart search function without compromise. All content can be searched for within seconds- regardless of quantity, format, or storage location.
Intranet Search Engine
Find Instead of Search Within Seconds
An elementary component of the narvika intranet solution is the innovative search technology that makes all content immediately findable, regardless of the format or location in which it was stored. A wide variety of filter options are available to quickly and efficiently find what you are looking for, even with several million documents. With the direct preview, you have all further details at a glance without leaving your intranet. The integrated expert search automatically shows the right contact person for the relevant search results.
Cloud or on-premises
Data Protection made in Germany
Data protection and data security are elementary challenges in search technology. A search engine has access to all information and must ensure the correct interpretation of authorisations at different levels so that each employee can only find and view the appropriately authorised content. The authorisations of the respective source system (e.g. emails) are taken into account and precisely processed during the search query. With the knowledge and experience from over 10 years of development work and countless search projects, you are on the safe side with the narvika integrated Smart Search. If you wish, your intranet can also be implemented in compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2015
narvika Search Engine
Intranet search: popular features and use cases
With the narvika Expert Finder, the right contact person for certain topics and competencies is automatically displayed in the hit list.
Search results are sorted according to various factors so that you always find the most relevant content first. With large amounts of data and millions of hits, the results can also be narrowed down more precisely using the extended search function.
- Not only the document title is taken into account, but all other meta-information of a document is also interpreted in addition to the full-text analysis and can be searched separately
- Customer-specific synonym lists can be stored in order to to make your own abbreviations or industry-specific terms easier to find
- Geo-area search allows you to search for documents in the area of a geo-coordinate (GPS position, postcode, address, etc)
- Auto-suggestion suggests similar terms or combinations of terms while you are entering the search.
An integral part of the narvika search is the many filter options and related functions to find what you are looking for as quickly as possible, even with very large amounts of data. The filters are generated automatically from the existing meta information and adapt dynamically to the respective search query so that the only filters available lead to actual hits.
Standardised filter options:
- Date and period e.g. December 2019
- Data source and storage location (such as file server)
- Document type (such as Presentation, PPT, etc)
- Place of creation, e.g. Hamburg
- Creator or editor (for example, created by Max Mustermann)
- Language (automatic language detection)
- Category (such as email)
- Colour coding
In addition, individual filters (e.g. according to specific customer numbers, etc.) can be implemented.
We know from everyday project work that the data quality of internal content can vary greatly. Duplicate and very similar versions of the same content filed in different places are the order of the day and make it difficult to find relevant and current information.
There are many ways to effectively compensate for these disadvantages without having to manually adapt or delete existing content. Such as:
- Manipulation of the various ranking factors by power users and admins
- Blacklisting of obviously incorrect, incomplete, or undesired content
- Boosting of new content or data of special quality (e.g. official instructions, news, etc.)
- Duplicate report for deleting redundant data
- Subsequent keywording of the content within narvika
- Comment function of the content within narvika.
The strength of the narvika search engine is the relevant listing of all documents on a term or combination of terms regardless of where this information is stored. These hit lists can of course be very long and usually, only the first results are decisive.
But there are also valuable use cases that are based on this function:
- You can remember certain search queries and share them with other employees. For example, if you can only find certain documents after narrowing down the filter further and you are looking for the relevant information again and again. Say, you're looking for all emails from a specific customer on a certain topic in the last 2 months. You can save this search process (share if necessary) and you will also receive all new emails with these criteria in the future with just one click.
- Hit lists and corresponding documents can be exported with the takeouts. Example: All PDF documents for a specific process, regardless of where the data is stored. More details under the narvika Takeouts.